The past 4 days of chaos

Saturday, May 22, 2010

were more mentally draining than physically tiring. Exerted more energy remembering the names of about 80 kids who ranged from oblivious & blur to hyperactive & overly affectionate. & my voice half-died, as always. I am cursed with a talking quota. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I can handle any 7 year old thrown at me now. They are SO ADORABLE when you're not the one making sure they don't 1) Drop the camera, 2) Complain about/quarrel with their friends, & 3) Go missing.

These kids are made to sing creepy, mournful sounding "Recess Over" songs, along with a host of other...phrases, that give me goosebumps. Pavlov's Conditioned Reflex much? Srsly, what are we doing to the tiny ones these days?! We are trampling on their ability to be themselves! Turning them into future generations of automatons! Where is the self-expression & individuality?!

!!!

Also, if being an educator means you shout  & snarl at little children and find sadistic pleasure in skewering them with words to accomplish your objectives then...*shrugs* you're better of as a drill sergeant, not a primary school teacher. Some of the kids are probably already scarred for life after being exposed to such verbal abuse. I'm just so thankful that I never had teachers like that. (Ok, I had one who thought I was a lousy student who should be dumped into the EM2 trenches and actually told my mom that. But that was a mere one person whom I harboured a childish hatred for so her unwanted opinions were of no worth.)

No comments :

Blog Archive