apple pie (or lack thereof) :(

Monday, February 4, 2008

It was a fabulous albeit freezing morning. The lecture theatre was so cold penguins would have migrated over in a heartbeat. Even the wind was more chilly than usual. Ominous signs of worst things to come? -.^

So anyway, as I was reaching my after-school destination, I decided to buy an apple pie. From Mcdonalds. Struggled through the freakishly narrow and hard- to- open door, headed straight for the shortest queue and waited. And waited. AND WAITED. WHY IS THE OTHER QUEUE MOVING SO MUCH FASTER?! Then the manager finally decided to open an additional counter. So I quickly move over. And was greeted by a bland stare. Followed by prolonged silence.

"May I have an apple pie, take-away please."

-bland stare- "Okay. Hold on."

At this point, the waitress, henceforth known as Z, sauntered over to the apple pie oven, oh so slowly opened it only to see nothing inside. (Damn it. Somehow it ALWAYS happens to me everywhere I go.) Then she ever so slowly closes it, sticks her neck out and yells that there aren't any apple pies left. Turning back, she makes her way to me- slooooow motion, give me that blank stare before mechanically saying, "There's no more apple pie."

Why yes, I knew that 102937386543 years earlier.

I look at her in disbelief and was about to say thank you and get out of the place when she stuck out her hand in a five gesture. "You'll have to wait 5 minutes." -blank dead stare-

Creepy. I glance at the time, look past her, my eyes lingering forlornly on the empty apple pie oven before flashing my i'm- smiling- just- to- look- polite smile and getting the hell out of the place. Whatever happened to quick service and smiling at the customer?

That, was ARGH #1. Now for ARGH #2.
I would have been a hundred bucks richer if not for the gross lack of time. The 50 bucks would've been mine but noooo 5 minutes went by faster than the Road Runner on dope. And I'm beating myself over the way I solved the bloody question. What was I thinking?! 0.0 I'm gonna win that 100bucks. Soon.

No comments :

Blog Archive