Of superglue and SIM cards

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Physics practical today: trebuchet building. It is possibly one of the stickiest craftwork I've ever done. There was superglue all over my fingertips. When it first got on my fingers, I thought yea, maybe I'll go wash it off! So I ran my hand under cold tap water and OMG! my fingertips are shrinking! And what's with the fungi look-alike thing?!

It is SO HARD to remove it. I spent the whole journey home attempting to peel, scratch, scrape, sandpaper, pick at, flick the stubborn bits of dried cyanoacrylate. And it's still there.

On a happier note, my group's trebuchet worked fine. The range issue probably still needs some tweaking but for a pretty flimsy looking thing, it's good enough (:

===================================

My SIM card suffered a sudden burnout today and thus completely cut me off from the whole mobile phone- network. Stupid card. It died, just like that. It didn't even go pish, fizzle, pop. It just died!

I managed to get it replaced within an hour of it's demise but the telco has yet to activate it. Which means, I'm still hopelessly cut off from the rest of the mobile phone world!

So please don't get all offended and stuff when I don't reply. It's not my fault my phone's been rendered useless.

No comments :

Blog Archive