JTLYK #12b Smoke Rings- The Mills Brothers

Monday, December 14, 2009

1. Last week, there were 3 answered prayers, in the form of opportunities, for which I'm immensely thankful for. Nothing big, but they were certainly essential in ensuring that I'll be spending all the time I have more productively :D

Praise God! :D

2. Movie Marathon at Wenqi's place was fun! 5 movies (struggled through the 4th, died at the 5th), Rockband, Beatles Rockband, popcorn ♥, spaghetti lunch, fish&chips dinner. & met my family at Burger Shack before deciding that it'll burn a significant hole in our poor student pockets. So we went to the only restaurant in the Primary-School-Place-To-Be, Coronation Plaza. On hindsight, Bukit Timah hawker centre would've been a better choice. There's a Western stall that sells great food (:

3. Had a couple of Really Bad Encounters. Srsly. First was some Taiwanese restaurant that sold Shiling cuisine- food's bearable but service was terrible. The standard of service really shocked my family. Second was a Japanese restaurant located in a family mall filled with all things Jap. Great service, but lunch there was quite possibly one of the worst I've tasted. You know how good Japanese food is always has a very subtle, fine flavour? (Except for the miso soup, usually.) Well this particular establishment pretty much swapped 'subtle' for 'blatant', i.e. extra salty. I also had a major issue with the tofu salad, but it was partly my fault for not clarifying so I shan't elaborate on that.

4. Nasty eating places aside, there is an amazing deli found in the same mall- Tampopo Deli- which sells the most delightful cream puff for a mere $2.60! Forget Beard Papa, try this:

[Credits:ladyironchef.com]


Depression, bad day, got dumped, flunked a major test, whatever- eat this. I swear, there's nothing else in the world that can make you happier.

5. Tons of things to do, ranging from apps to X'mas dinner preparations. We haven't even set up the Christmas tree, which we were supposed to do 2 days ago.

6. Anyhoo, life's great atm. Hope it's the same for everyone (:

No comments :

Blog Archive