OHNO: No reprieve from school work! I'm still swamped with homework (partly cos I never did come close to finishing the holiday assignments...).
Today floated by wonderfully. Learned quite a handful of things today although I was still dozing off here & there (: I should learn to pack my bag properly so I won't keep forgetting to bring my notes.
So many people seem so depressed and disillusioned with school right now. And it's not just people in The College. It's turing into a physical ache. I want so badly to engulf some friends in ginormous bear hugs to make them feel better if just for a few moments (because hugs always help). I fear for some of them; don't disappear...
***************
Moving away from the negativity, I'm expanding the range of music I listen to. Songs are still from the previous eras though. I'm starting to discover that different genres block out different things for me. Jazz keeps me alive; classical music keeps me calm; hip hop numbs; alternative rock provides an avenue for contemplation, general easy listening too; country/ folk songs as well as oldies comfort; reggae mosty lulls- it's got an addictive quality about it. So many genres I'm discovering and rediscovering. But I'm invariably drawn back to jazz/ swing like it's my energy source or something. Helps me sleep at night. Jazz vocalists are fantastic, fantastic people.My latest It singer's Mel Torme (: Dean Martin's a close second at the moment.
I think I'm developing a thing for the likes of Depeche Mode. The songs I've heard so far flow incredibly well; it has kept me unconsciously hooked for the past 1.5 hours.
Kristofferson is a drop-dead sexy surname. But when it's Kris Kristofferson, I say it's just a case of cheesy alliteration. Then I realise that if it ever becomes my surname, it'll also be a case of cheesy alliteration, albeit a marginally better one. Hehehe.
May tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after the day after and all the days that have yet to come be better.
Only better! (: Adios
No comments :
Post a Comment