Differences

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Everything is so different here.

The students here play really, really hard and probably study equally hard. Partying is practically part of the curriculum. The study hard part, at this point, is merely a hypothesis derived from preliminary observations of the timetable. The schedule is crazy. I have days that end at 2045h.

We are so pampered in Singapore - everything is organised, efficient and mostly reliable. Here...let's just say it's quite a world of difference. And it's interesting how everyone just adapts to it (and maybe block it out, for  the foreigners). After being here, I wonder why we're always rushing back home and realised yea, I could get used to this. If I though my occasional long lunches in Singapore were languid, I was so wrong. Lunch here is easily a five-course affair beginning and ending with a drink. Should I have such a lunch without the main course, I'd still be full. Food here is great, fascinating and reliable. At the rate I'm eating, I should be worried.

More next time.

1 comment :

terr said...

haha, that last line..

Blog Archive