... into the great body of water. Literally. Or not. 'twas more of: she walked to the edge of the pool, dipped a toe in, then a foot, then a leg as she slowly made her way down the metal ladder (& missed the first rung), & then there was a resounding splash that sent tidal waves 30cm into the air. Then she cursed the lack of a swimming cap. (Note to self: either rummage through the storeroom to find one or buy one, pronto. I think I killed my hair. Never mind that it's an outgrowth of already-dead cells.)
Eventful swim today, I'd say. My first in Ages [read: time period between the Stone Age & Space Age].
Started with a false dilemma: should I take a bus to the CSC or should I cross the road and blatantly trespass into the condominium opposite? Opted for the CSC in the end cos it'd take an incredibly stupid guard NOT to see me crossing and entering. Heh.
Apart from doing a treasure hunt-esque search for a swim-able pool (meaning w/o slides, jets, wave making machines, more than 0.5m in height), evading dubious floating objects & one other swimming being and attempting to avoid the inevitable head bumping while back-paddling... there was also another activity called 'losing your way to the changing room'. Okay, I know, stop the face-palming. I could practically read the lifeguard's thought bubble: GRADE A LOSER. IT'S, LIKE, JUST THERE.
Moving onto a (marginally) more serious issue, breathing. I cannot do freestyle for nuts. I keep forgetting to breathe. What happens is either 1) I swimco ntinuously as long as I can before GASP! NEED! AIR! *lungs burning*. Or 2) I try to take it slow and try as much as possible to gulp air. So DEEP BREATHE *chokes on chlorinated water* Ah, forget it. Refer to option 1. Or 3) Christine remembers to breathe! ARGH, CRAP MY NOSE!
It's almost as if I've got facial psycho-motor problems.
1 comment :
i was randomly flicking through 'next blog' s when i found yours, and it's rather interesting. will keep reading!
x rena.
http://innocentbirdy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment