There's something beautifully nostalgic about immersing yourself in poems written by people once so close to you. Person, actually. Familiarity tinged with regret. I remember experiencing all kinds of amusements, especially those that evolved from pointless chitchat to crazy debates. I remember looking forward to the buzzing of my phone cos the messages that pop up would tickle me to no end. I remember the early morning greetings that never failed to make my day. I remember how this person was my muse when I was in my Poetry Phase. It's funny, in the sadistic sense, y'know, how things turned out. How we kept bumping into each other. How the awkwardness erected a potential barrier so high the probability of tunneling through is negative. How we went from strangers to friends & back again. It boggles my mind to no end.
I guess the thing I miss most is the familiarity & dare I say, trust? The kind where you have absolutely no doubt that said person would drop everything to, for lack of better phrase, be there for you, in the most platonic way possible.
These days though? I just really want hugs. Hugging is a beautifully simple action that conveys so much. & atm? there are plenty of people I want to hug.
No comments :
Post a Comment