This post

Monday, December 15, 2008

is an attempt to distract myself from The Pitzz. "The Pitzz" meaning my currently non-existent social life, the depressing lack of photographs from the Dubai trip (I only have a measly here&there collection), the Mount Everest of Holiday Homework I have yet to first-touch, the crazilymessedupinaweektable that I am extremely reluctant to pack, the general chaos in my life (because I am Disorganisation personified) and a couple of lightning-flash-esque enlightening moments.

We'll just pretend that the random line on the patch of sand doesn't exist and instead, look at the pretty sunset, envy the insanely wealthy future residents of the villas located just further down said patch of sand and fantasise about having our very own private beach with harbours for private boats.
*****
I find long, silent roads such as this very therapeutic to look at, especially the vanishing point.
*****
On the way to the Desert Safari in hunky four wheel drives. Yes, hunky, cos four wheel drives are such rugged, intimidating male things. But I want to own one next time anyway (:

One thing I'm definitely sure of: I'm in love with the desert. It's barren but beautiful (altogether now: Alliteration!) and it's the most captivating thing ever, with the sand dunes and sunset and miles and miles of fine, fine sand. I would've sat and stoned at one spot except that I would've died of either starvation or coldness.
*****
And this is the, well, I suppose I can pass this off as skyline (although it's not exactly silhouette-y enough) outside our hotel in Dubai. Pretty, no? (: I miss Dubai although I like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain more.

No comments :

Blog Archive