T'day and the Day After

Sunday, August 31, 2008


Going back to NY on Teacher's Day was the most fuzzy-feeling aww-worthy thing this whole year (:

"The O level trackers have the most fun!" Quote from an IP student.
And hell yes, we do. I am thankful that I fell short of the IP marks criteria and got to spend 2 crazily memorable years with the most diversed, fabulous and amazing bunch of people.

Was great catching up with them. Lunch was a leisurely 2 hour affair at the Swenson's near Paragon- I only just discovered its existence that day. The familiar teasing, bickering, chatter, idiosyncrasies: 'twas like secondary school all over again, as cheesy as it sounds.

A group of us specially met up with Chang at Borders later on. The photo that was taken's my phone's wallpaper and I can't help but light up the screen every now and then just to look at it and laugh at how odd and extra the guy in the picture is.

********************
Moving on, Saturday was taken up with a chess tourney. Both teams did well! I'm quite proud of the 2nd team! (: Team A won overall and zonal 2nd- losing to The Affiliated Institution [WHY did they send a team to the Open categoryyy. They're so good it's scary.]- and got 2 pretty silver medals that would moult in time to come. I won my 3 games, fortunately. Would've felt really guilty if I'd lost any. But my last game was, weird, for lack of better descriptions. The opponent, up in time, equal in material, resigned. Just like that. After I offered a draw. 0.0 much? And it was definitely not out of chivalry/ gentlemenliness, like what Lewd Dude claims okay.
And tonight before I sleep, I'll have to psych myself up for my Promos Mugathon, starting tomorrow. Yes, after a study drought and endless procrastination, I am FINALLY going to start revising. I hope I have time.

No comments :

Blog Archive