I'LL P(RA)WN YOU!

Monday, July 7, 2008


My lovely (albeit incomplete) SeaSick (C6) group went fishing today! Or prawning, rather. We were there for 3 odd hours and only went prawn- fishing for an hour after staring at the old men and young families for the longest time. I caught 2 of the 3 prawns we got! (: Some of the old men were amazing- they kept reeling in a prawn every few minutes!

Mindless at some points, but well, I grudgingly admit it's quite interesting. It's the anticipating, hoping and wondering that really keeps a person there for hours and hours.

[Digression: A bloody bigass mosquito just bit my TOES. It's the most irritatingly annoying thing EVER. Worse than inconsiderate numbskulls who play their PSPs at full volume. ]

Oh and the process of prawning? It's sadistic. Particularly when worms are used as bait :/ They chop up the sad wriggly thing and all the chopped up segments are still moving!! SADISTIC!! But- haha- fascinating at the same time. And the prawns, oh goodness, them poor prawns. They really got p(ra)wned by us humans. Then this helpful old man, after seeing our pathetically futile attempts at removing the hook from the prawn, taught us how to unhook the prawn.

"Okay, I teach you how to take it out. Look ah, you push it down like that."

So he did just that, lifted the hook out and lo and behold. Prawn guts dangling from the end. At that point, the valiantly struggling prawn ceased all action. Ew. EEEWW.

And how do they kill the prawns before barbecuing them? They skewer the prawn through the butt with a satay stick. How'd you feel if you had a stick up your arse and through your mouth, huh? Huh?

I think the group of old men there were really amused with all the noise, squeals, helplessness, pathetic-ness and NOOBNESS. I swear, we were practially wearing a sign saying "Help us. We are noobs." But oh, the old men were all so nice! One actually offered to give us some of his prawns to barbecue cos we caught a mere 3.

So anyway, today was interesting! I'll be more than happy to sit there and bait prawns and let another person do all the sadistic stuff.

No comments :

Blog Archive