Stop bugging me!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back from class camp and it's physically one of the worse camps I've had to endure. Not that it was tiring or anything. Rather, it was the masssive amount of insectsbugscreepycrawlies that swarmed the area. Mosquitoes, sandflies, grasshoppers, ants, cicadas, lizards- you name it, I saw it. Cooking was fun, sea activity was interesting, trekking was good, nightwalk was amusing and ropes course was great [my favourite part] but bites were seriously the worse part of the camp. If anyone was wondering, I did put repellent. And sunblock. Sunblock worked, repellent failed. At last count, I've got 63 =&^%$#@! bites on my arms, legs and neck. Totally beat this other guy hands down. So much for vanity-induced protection measures.

Burst a few bites out of curiousity and there was pus coming out of it. Just Gross. And it's annoying the poop out of me because I can't scratch it even though I so badly want to scratch at them till they bleed. Want a better idea of the situation? There're simply so many of them *&^%$#@!? bites you'll have a most enojoyable time playing Connect The Dots. Or better yet, try looking for various constellation shapes!

They're so !^&%#?$@ numerous that I've actually tested various medications on different parts of my body. Now my left arm has EPO, my right arm has some chinese oil my mom suggested, my left leg has ACV and my right leg has some Aloe Vera Gel my Dad recommended. Brilliant huh? And I have yet to locate the elusive bottle of Calamine lotion. Even my fingers and toes got bitten. Oh and I've yet to mention my face. @*#&$%^?!!! My complexion is completely ruined. I am constantly resisting the urge to claw at my face by reminding myself of the scars that'll remain if I do so.

I am utterly miserable. [bites being one of three reasons for the misery.]

No comments :

Blog Archive