Week's been strangely normal so far. Probably cos I've got nothing exciting to look forward to. And I feel like my drawing board creativity's been completely drained. After some uh, pondering during a bus journey, I've concluded that the optimum card output is 1 card a month. I made 2 this month and the drop in standard is SO blatantly obvious I feel like adding lots and lots and lots of detail to it but I just. don't. know. how. to. I'm talking about brithday cards by the way. I handmake or rather draw them not just cos I'm awesome like that, but aslo cos it's gives me a reason to experiment around and kinda challenges me to see what I can come up with using just paper and black marker.
However.
[This will sound slightly ironic.] 2 cards a month seriously taxes my creative capacities and ends up making it chore- like. It's like those power-up games, y'see. After you power-up, the gauge/ meter goes back to zero and you've gotta start collecting items and whatnot again. Same thing, I need time for creativity to brew, simmer, boil, something and then finally spill. Only then will I enjoy it and be immensely satisfied. I am SO dissatisfied with the most recent card. But no, I'm not redoing it. Redid it twice and if I re-do it again, I'm pretty sure it'll be even worse. :/
No comments :
Post a Comment