thank you God!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Yes, Thank You God for my results!! I am SO relived and extremely grateful for my results. It's not the best, but it's good enough for me to stay in The College! :D That is, if they don't muck around with the cut-off point.

When they finally started announcing the results this afternoon after 2 unneccesary speeches by the Head and Vice- Head, I think my heart pretty much died. I was hoping that I'd be one of those who did well enough to be mentioned. But no. No, I wasn't one of Them Who Did Exceedingly Well. So what happened? While I was expecting to do relatively okay, my mind (damn you) started assaulting me with all the worst-cae scenarios: what if you can't stay in The College? What if you do so badly you can't get into The Other Colleges? What if everybody did better than you? Things like that, the most- hard- hitting one being "what if I couldn't remain in The College." That seriously scared the shit out of me. And horror of horrors, evil saline droplets were escaping from their confines, attempting to ambush my eyes. It was a most frightening experience cos who just starts semi- crying like that? My mind registered the situation only 5 seconds after it started!

So anyway, am I happy with my results? Yes, but not ecstatic about it. I wanted to be one of those on the awards list so I am a tad disappointed. I don't know how my mom feels about it. She hasn't really said all that much 0.0

I wanna thank those who prayed for me, those who sent welll- wishes, those who provided the encouragement and comfort when I so badly needed it. Thank you all SO MUCH :D

On a random note, ChangE went to EskiBar! I wanna go too! I didn't manage to lay my hands on any vodka, unfortunately. So no drunken celebrations. My mom clearly thought me brainless last night when I told her about my multi- purpose alcohol plan. "So you intend to go for tuition drunk? And bring a hangover to school?" FINE so it wasn't the best plan around; I forgot about my pathetic alcohol tolerance.

Forget vodka, give me sherry nectar. At least it's sweet (: and highly addictive!

No comments :

Blog Archive