Movement

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The wonderful benefit of exercising in such a cold environment is the distinct lack of perspiration. I played about 30-40 minutes of badminton last night and did not break a sweat. It's amazing and I swear I could've gone on playing forever. 

That short burst of exercise has left my body thrumming. Aye, it's been a while since I did anything more vigorous than quickening my steps to squeeze through the closing door in time so I won't have to take my hands out of my warm-ish pockets. I can suddenly breathe a little better. 

When I applied for exchange I imagined it to be a lot different from how it is now. Plenty of food for thought that may or may not have been clogging my mind the past few days. I had hoped for quaint cafes to mull over a glass of wine in and sun-beamed windows to lean against while turning the impressions in my head to swirls of ink. 

It's been snowing a fair bit. Soft, fluffy, powdery snow that dances with the invisible breeze and lands on you, just barely, before being snatched up again all too quickly. It was cute, initially. Then it got a little annoying. I have to admit, however, that the rugby field completely covered in snow is quite a sight. 

No comments :

Blog Archive