This is your immortality

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's 1.06pm. Post-lunch. I'm at Beihang University sitting in a classroom with what feels like a non-functioning air conditioner and I'm almost back in primary school doing what I do best - reading books under the table. See that kid furtively glancing up at the teacher while attempting to find the best Angle of Pretence? That's me. It hasn't changed, except that I'm now much better at reading books under the desk. And am occasionally more blatant too.

The book was Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom. & the only sentence that really stayed in my head was "This is your immortality." The idea that religion is what keeps generations connected and brings people together because it is the one thing that doesn't change when all else does. Doesn't matter what religion, but it's the idea of religion that's important. I'm trying to find that again.

No comments :

Blog Archive