Sometimes, however, you meet couples with issues and the cafe becomes a neutral ground for them to sort out their differences over a plate of noodles. And before you know it, the issue becomes the spicy nature of the noodles. The lady had wanted a non-spicy but the gentleman had mistakenly ordered a spicy one for her, resulting in the most petulant arm-folding foul-faced sulk I've ever seen a woman in her mid-thirties throw. Srsly???
In the two weeks that I've been here, I've seen this scenario play out countless times. The lady sulks and the guy is there trying his best to placate the dowager. No difference this time. Poor guy, already half bald and still being unnecessarily stressed. As I sat beside them across the aisle journaling and munching granola, his distress was so evident I couldn't help but watch from the corner of my eye (I know, I know, kaypoh Singaporean) because such things just draw your attention in a way that can't be explained. They left after an extended conversation involving the guy running his hand through his non-existent hair and the lady voicing an a entire vocal range.
No comments :
Post a Comment