Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I sigh a lot more these days. 
It's almost as if each breath I take requires
 more effort 
to expel else it might just 
remain in me. 

Each time I exhale
purposefully, I
 breathe easier,
if only temporarily.

Hello there, little puffs of storm vapour. 

Did I mention
 that I sigh a lot more these days? 

This paralinguistic respiration seems
 to be keeping me
 within the upper & lower control limits.
When I start drifting 
past the second and
inching across the third standard deviation,
 I sigh. 

I sigh;
 temporarily hijacking the stream
through an Inception-esque kick 
so I'm back in control.
Conscious.
 It's nice to know that I subconsciously watch out for myself. 

But how long more until the elastic loosens and 
the spring's no longer as bouncy;
maybe the mean might've shifted by then
 and the control limits changed.
 I wouldn't know, would I?
At least, not until I'm there.

I sigh a lot these days. 
Be it wistful thinking, involuntary regretting 
or unnecessary angsting, 
I sigh - loud & audible, 
only then I breathe a little easier.

Blog Archive