When things, in general, change - or seem to change -, is it because we got bored, we forget, we grew up, or we moved on?
I'm thinking either grew up or moved on since got bored implies some kind of flighty-wilfulness and forget suggests that it isn't as important as we want it to be so it's insignificant enough to be considered Transient. Grew up brings to mind blossoming maturity and the acceptance that things can't always be as ideal as we'd want, so we make-do; face reality, be in the real world. Moved on, on the other hand, hints at a reluctant dweller who finds it hard to overcome the emotional and/or mental inertia; one who's wary of stepping out of the house and into the forest but eventually does so after much time has passed. When somebody says ,"I've moved on", I always imagine it to be combined with a mirthless smile and eyes that are lost in the Memories Of Before I Moved On, like there'll always be a hint of regret. When someone says, "I grew up", sometimes I'll hear a regretful inflection other times, there'd be confidence and the subtle anticipation of What The Future Brings.
It pretty much grounds down to perspective, yes? This is such an inconclusive post; my thoughts haven't finish unravelling themselves. Hmm :|
No comments :
Post a Comment